Fifth Freedom has added new job openings at JobDoozy.org, the employment website for people with disabilities! In this update, all the jobs are at The Westin Indianapolis. For complete job descriptions, more information, and to apply, visit http://jobdoozy.org/register/ and create a free account. Search for a job ad, and click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom.
To ensure Housekeeping Department cleans and maintains guest rooms and public space.
- Oversees staff of room attendants, house persons, and inspectors by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline when appropriate.
- Arrange staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to insure pay is on time and includes any purchased rooms, extra cleanup, cots, etc.
- Maintain and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
Director of Revenue Management
- Optimize the hotel’s Room and Catering revenue by working closely with the General Manager, Director of Sales and Front Office Manager to implement strategies.
- Monitor all distribution channels to ensure effective selling through inventory management, market mix and pricing.
- Communicates demand patterns to revenue team and assists with forecasting. Helps set strategies leading to increased market share.
General Maintenance Engineer
- Maintain all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save energy.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., “”room care””).
Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment.
Service the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
- Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
Director of Operations
- Support General Manager in managing the Rooms, Food and Beverage, Financing, Sales and Marketing, and Repairs and Maintenance Departments to achieve the guest satisfaction scores, operating and financial goals of the owner. Act as General Manager in his/her absence when necessary.
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans related to property strategic plan.
Plan, organize, facilitate, attend, and/or participate in various hotel and departmental meetings. Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and policies.
- Develop and manage execution of Rooms/Food and Beverage division budgets and revenue forecasts. Develop and implement controls for expense management. Ensure staff is utilizing labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members.
Front Desk Agent/Telephone Operator
- Assist guests with arrival and departure from hotel, while providing positive guests experiences.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
For complete job descriptions, more information, and to apply, visit http://jobdoozy.org/register/ and create a free account. Search for a job ad, and click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom. Don’t forget to post your resume online, too!
Act Team Coordinator
The Fifth Freedom Network