On Election Day, Indiana Disability Rights (IDR) attorneys will be available to answer questions and take complaints from persons with disabilities who have any issue casting their vote. The Hoosiers Vote Hotline will be open during poling hours, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm local time.
If you experience any of the following issues, call IDR at 800-622-4845.
• Lack of an accessible path from the parking spot/drop off point to the voting booth;
• Stairs or non-paved surfaces such as gravel or grass as the only path to the polling location;
• Lack of at least one doorway wide enough for a wheelchair to get through to access the polling location;
• Lack of at least one set of automatic doors or someone available to open doors.
• Lack of a functioning, accessible voting machine.
• Lack of poll workers available who know how to assist with operating the accessible voting machine.
Know your rights. If you require assistance in order to cast your vote, a poll worker may assist you or you may bring someone with you to assist you. The person who assists you cannot be your employer or your union representative. You must request assistance before you enter the voting booth. If you are a person with a disability, and you are unable to cast your vote privately and independently during this election, contact IDR at 800-622-4845.
Director of Communications
The Fifth Freedom Network