- This event has passed.
Workplace Accommodations for Employees with Psychiatric Disabilities – Webinar March 16
March 16, 2016 At2:00 am - 3:30 pm
Information courtesy of the ADA National Network and the Great Lakes ADA Center
An estimated 61.5 million Americans have experienced a mental health impairment in a given year. On March 16, tune in to an informative webinar to learn about the employment rights of people with psychiatric disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This webinar will discuss workplace accommodations and issues like:
- How the broadened definition of disability under the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) affects individuals with psychiatric disabilities
- Determining when a person with a psychiatric disability is “qualified” for a job
- Common workplace issues involving persons with psychiatric disabilities
- Recent or poignant cases
- Identifying when safety issues or concerns arise and how the concept of “direct threat” may apply
- Resources for both employers and employees
Act Team Coordinator
The Fifth Freedom Network