- This event has passed.
Access to Healthcare and the Americans with Disabilities Act – Webinar March 22
March 22 At2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Information courtesy of the Great Lakes ADA Center and the ADA National Network
While the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provided significant changes in healthcare access, many disability advocates would like to see more systemic change to remove barriers in the delivery of healthcare services. On March 22, tune in to an informative webinar to learn about current issues and barriers faced by people with disabilities in accessing healthcare services and how the ADA may apply in those settings.
This session will cover:
- An overview of how ADA Titles II, III and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act apply to healthcare provider services and facilities
- Common barriers faced by people with disabilities in accessing healthcare services including Effective Communication, accessible facilities, and accessible diagnostic medical equipment
- How these barriers can lead to limited choices and lack of programmatic access for people with disabilities
- Related cases or pending cases to healthcare access issues
- Possible recommendations for consumers when faced with barriers
Act Team Coordinator
The Fifth Freedom Network