Information courtesy of the American Association of People with Disabilities
The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is now accepting applications for the NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship. They are offering eight scholarships for undergraduate or graduate students who self-identify as people with any type of disability. Students must be interested in pursuing a career in the communications, media, or entertainment industry – all majors are welcome to apply. Each recipient will receive $5,625 to help cover the cost of education at their current college or university.
To apply, complete the form here. You will need:
- Unofficial Transcript
- A letter of recommendation
- Three 150 word essays answering these questions:
- How will you use your degree to positively impact the disability community?
- Why are you interested in NBCUniversal and a career in the entertainment industry?
- If you had to pick a specific business function, which one are you most interested in and why (example: marketing, public relations, production, development, business, research, journalism, graphic design, etc.)?
Act Team Coordinator
The Fifth Freedom Network