The American Association of People with Disabilities wants students for its Washington, D.C. summer internship program. The program is open to college students, graduate students, law students, and recent graduates with disabilities. This internship is a unique opportunity to work in public service for ten weeks on Capitol Hill, at federal agencies, nonprofits, and for-profit businesses. Interns receive a stipend, mentor matching, and other resources.
Interns have been placed with:
• Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)
• Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA)
• Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
• U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
• U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
• The Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
• Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
• National Disability Rights Network
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
For more information and to apply, visit http://aapd.com/what-we-do/employment/internship-program/ . Apply by January 15.
For more information, contact the AAPD National Programs office.
Phone: 1-800-840-8844. Email: email@example.com .
Act Team Coordinator
The Fifth Freedom Network